If you believe in Climate Change…
…then he is a climate monster who will destroy the world.
If you think that Climate Change is a fraud…
…then he has blown the lid off one of the greatest scams of all time.
If you believe illegal immigration will help a country…
…then he is a human rights disaster.
If you believe illegal immigration will destroy a country…
…then he is actually saving a country.
If you like global blocs like the EU and UN…
…then he is breaking up the world.
If you think global blocs like EU and UN are dictatorial…
…then he is actually increasing democracy throughout the world.
If you want denuclearization of North Korea that too now and nothing else…
…then he is being taken for a ride.
If you accept that North Korea has de-isolated itself and agreed to talks which itself is huge…
…then peace is finally getting a chance.
If you think that Iran is at the centre of Middle East peace…
…then he is dangerously flirting with war.
If you think a Saudi Arabia-Israel inititative can bring permanent peace there…
…then he’s a Middle East peace genius.
If you think that Left-leaning ideology is human…
…then he is an insensitive tyrant.
If you think that Left-leaning ideology is dictatorial…
…then he is in fact removing authoritarianism from the world.
If you think that universal healthcare is a fundamental right…
…then he’s denying healthcare to millions.
If you think that universal healthcare will bankrupt a country…
…then he’s actually a pragmatic economist.
If you think that US should seek a path of confrontation with Russia…
…then he is Putin’s puppet.
If you think that US should seek peace with Russia and get tough on them only in certain situations…
…then he’s a master statesman.
If you prefer status quo and hate disruption…
…then he’s a chaos monster.
If you realize chaos rids the old system and ultimately yields a new one…
…then he is finally draining the swamp.
If you back Israel to the hilt…
…then you’re happy because he’s probably the most pro-Israel pro-Jewish US President ever.
If you back Palestine to the hilt…
…then you hate him because Palestine suddenly lost most of its bargaining power.
If you believe in the Mueller probe…
…then why hasn’t he resigned yet? Why hasn’t he been impeached yet?
If you don’t believe in the Mueller probe…
…then he’s a victim and his opponents are attempting an unjust and unconstitutional coup and he’s fighting against all odds.
Enjoy your peace, dear global citizens!
42 years since a man who killed 10s of millions in cold blood was alive. (Mao Zedong, 1863-1976)
57 years since a famine killed up to 43 million people. (The Great Chinese Famine, 1959-61)
73 years since a World War. (WW2, 1939-45)
73 years since atomic bombs destroyed cities. (Hiroshima & Nagasaki, 1945)
73 years since a dictator almost took over the world. (Hitler, 1945)
79 years since The Great Depression ended.
98 years since a flu killed up to 100 million. (The Spanish Flu, 1918-20)
202 years since volcano eruptions decreased the average global temperature by 0.7 degrees C and resulted in severe food shortages. (1816, The Year Without Summer, caused by the eruption of Mount Tambora in 1815 and maybe Mayon in 1814)
And don’t forget…
Today we have enough money, but just haven’t figured out how to distribute it equally.
We have enough food, but don’t know how to distribute it to everyone.
Life expectancy is going up.
Literacy is going up.
Number of democracies is steadily increasing.
Medical breakthroughs are increasing.
Murder rate is going down.
Extreme poverty rates are falling.
And just about anyone with a cheap smartphone has access to Information, Entertainment and Redressal, something totally denied to the lower classes for thousands of years.
Many problems are still there, but they are steadily are decreasing.
So why do we feel bad and think it’s worse?
Because our awareness is also increasing exponentially!
This is basically a rewrite of…
50 dangerous years that shook the world and how today’s great
1. The corrupt of the land burnt or shredded or dumped or distributed tens of thousands of crores of their black Rupees just like that?
2. The black money economy saw a real earthquake?
3. The Naxalite funding industry was severely hit?
4. The Kashmir terrorism industry was severely hit along with stone pelting?
5. The global counterfeiting industry was hit hard and had to begin from scratch vis a vis the Rupee?
6. Pakistan was suddenly squeezed financially by India (counterfeiting + terror funding)?
7. Mobile data/online payments/debit/credit cards/PoS devices/bank accounts/PayTM… etc (Phew!) all got a sudden simultaneous fillip.
8. The corrupt of the land were actually scared of a Prime Minister?
9. Political party funding went for a toss all across India?
10. Public utilities suddenly received back payments in cash including monthly and yearly backlogs.
And more importantly: All in one stroke?
Boss, neither do I!
P.S. In large countries, India currently has the highest GDP growth rate in the world!
1. The new ruling triumvirate shares power perfectly: Trump is a Republican but he could well be an Independent with a mind of his own. There were a huge swathe of Republican Anti Trumpers in 2015 and they have been reducing by the day, though they haven’t fully gone. So there are actually three power entities in America and not two: Trump, the Republicans and the Democrats.
And lo behold! The troika now share power and can check each other…
Trump has the White House.
The Republicans have the Senate.
The Democrats have the House.
2. Tensions have been greatly reduced: The Dems lost sudden power in 2016 and went unhinged. Since then they have been spouting nonsense from the rooftops 24X7 and backing all manner of violent protests. Had they got nothing in 2018, then they would have gone one step beyond unhinged.
But now they have some power and hence some responsibility. They will continue to oppose Trump 24X7 but at the same time they will have to show some results via the House by 2020 and also focus within for the 2020 Presidential race.
3. Middle ground issues may finally be worked on: The media has pushed the accelerator on the polarization button and it seemed that there was no common ground for the Democrats and Republicans. Both the issues they are seeking became polarized too.
But now Trump will have to mediate and seek the middle ground to and get some results especially in terms of things like immigrations and healthcare. Obama ruled by executive decree alone antagonizing Congress and that’s why none of his legacies have lasted. Trump will now have to work with both parties but.
4. No real shock this time: Global citizens are reeling from failed predictions and things that were impossible actually happening. Trump can’t win! Brexit can’t happen. The Right cannot gain prominence in Europe! Even in India, nobody saw Narendra Modi’s BJP getting 272+ in early 2014 or BJP conquering state after state in the years after that.
But here the predictions actually went along predicted lines where the Democrats were slated to capture the House and the Republicans the Senate and Trump not losing much ground.
5. Growing interest in politics continues: Just 36.4% people voted in the 2014 US mid-terms, which was touted to be the lowest turnout in 70 years. However after that the 2016 US elections were probably the most followed ever.
Well the numbers continue and more than 100 million voted for the 2018 mid-terms. World over interest in politics is increasing and that’s a good sign.